Saturday, June 11, 2011

Oath of Office - Congress

Following is the Oath of Office persons elected to Congress take upon assuming office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Since men of power in Congress have problems with suppressing their wayward ways and sexual proclivities, I propose the following be added to the oath.

And, I hereby solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will conduct myself at all times with honor in a manner above reproach and befitting of the office I am about to assume: So help me God.

This way they can be immediately "booted" when they are exposed (pun intended) for violation of their oath of office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home