Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mama Hawk

A couple of years ago on my blog I followed the progress of a pair of red-tail hawks that nested high up in an oak tree in the far back part of our backyard. I posted from time to time the progress of the two young hawklets as they became grown and finally flew from the nest with all the consternations of the parent hawks. Last year they nested else where, if they nested at all.

This year I think mama hawk is nesting at the old nest again in our backyard. Earlier in the year I saw her make occasional visits to the old nest, but the past two weeks I have seen her visiting daily. I think maybe she intends to nest there again. For my nature loving readers I will periodically report on her progress if she does in fact nest here again. Papa hawk must be a scoundrel. I haven't seen him around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home