Sunday, March 28, 2010

Brevity and Clarity

It would be very instructive to know just precisely who all it was that cobbled together the Obamacare legislation of over 2,700 pages. Way back last September or there about when the first House of Representatives bill of about 2,500 pages was on the Internet I under took to read it. I read about a third of it by early December when it became evident it would be drastically changed and I realized I was reading fiction, so I stopped. When this most recent legislation that was passed by reconciliation and made available on the Internet I again began to read it to try to understand it. Ugh!! It was very little different from the original. Both are so convoluted, duplicative and unclear that it defies the imagination. So I quit reading after about 15 pages. I can't, for the life of me, understand what kind of minds conjure up such mental gyrations.
Brevity and clarity are the keystones of understanding. Is there any politician that understands this? Or, better yet, are there any persons that draft legislation that understand this? Or, do they intentionally do it to blur the issues?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home