Sunday, January 17, 2021

 ILLNESS

Sad to report I was a sick puppy most of December and first few days of January.  So sick I seriously thought I was about to "buy the farm".  I was at loose ends.  I live alone.  I'm an old man.  I couldn't go stay with my son and family.  He tested positive for COVID and they were under quarantine.  I was rescued by two dear friends.  They took me to their place on the north side of Lake Travis near Austin.  They nursed me back to reasonable health. Their house has a nice wide porch around 3/4 of the house with railing I used to steady myself.  I walked outside in the fresh air as much as I could.  I think that helped my recovery.  I tested "negative" for COVID.  They brought me home early January.  So, here I am and feeling much better.  Felt good enough yesterday to work about two hours in the yard raking leaves.  A little tired.  Today, I fixed a big bowl of oatmeal with crushed almonds, raisins, cinnamon and brown sugar served with buttered whole wheat toast and whole milk.

So, I plan to resumé posting to my blog to the extent I can.  Thanks for your kind forbearance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home