Thursday, October 17, 2019

HOME SCHOOLING VERSUS PUBLIC EDUCATION
   Today, I heard some educational expert say on TV that home schooled students are not as well educated as public school educated students.
   I beg to differ.  When I meet school age kids I can tell within a minute whether they are home educated or public school educated.  The home schooled kids are polite and respectful.  They speak clearly and thoughtfully for a kid.  Some are downright bright. They are almost always properly dressed for the occasion.  They can effectively relate to an adult.  I seldom see these same qualities in public school educated kids, through there are exceptions.
   On occasion I've been invited by public educated kids to attend certain school functions as their guests, such as Veterans Day.  I've been around a boy grooming and training his cow for the county fair.  I had the corrals and sheds I let him use for his project.  We talked often.  One day much to my surprise he said, "Mr. Davidson,  I learn more in 15 minutes of talk with you than I learn all week in school."
   I rest my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home