Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Young and the Old

Early this morning I went with our son, his wife and our granddaughter to the local high school parking lot for our granddaughter to participate in the Blue Bell 5K run.  The place was swirling with a sea of humanity.  Our granddaughter was number 3796.  Someone said over 4,000 people participated.  After the race all the participants got all the Blue Bell ice cream they could eat for free.

What was significant about this?  I never felt so old in my entire life.  I looked all around and all I saw was young people, very young people.  Lots of young people from toddlers to only a handful over the age of 50 years.  It made me realize how old I really am.  Though I enjoyed seeing our granddaughter run I don't think I will go to another.  I know I'm old, but I don't like being so forcefully reminded of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home