Thursday, July 29, 2010

Healthcare Insurance

Earlier in July I received a letter from my private healthcare insurance company. I read it several times and it did not make much sense. I wondered, "Why did they send this?" So, I just set it aside and thought maybe another day it will make sense. Not so. Then late in July I received a notice from the insurance company saying, "We recently sent you a letter regarding Connecticut's Public Act 10-13 notifying you of covered members' rights to continue health coverage." Then just below that it said, "Please disregard the notice. This Public Act does not apply to plans that are not Connecticut contracts." Someone figured out I live in Texas, not Connecticut.
This is probably just an example of what is coming down the pike with the implementation of Obamacare. There is a lot of confusion with more to come.
Since this was a private sector company, the person that screwed up probably got fired. If it had of been a public sector (government) program the person that screwed up probably would be promoted with a substantial pay increase.
Don't you just love government meddling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home