Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eye Surgery

Earlier this week I entered the Bellville Hospital for eye surgery to remove the cataract on my left eye. Wow! More of an involved process than I had imagined. I thought "out-patient" meant it would be simple and wouldn't take long. Well, it took two hours, partly because I had "floppy iris" resulting from a prescription medicine (Flomax) I've taken for several years due to an enlarged prostate. Also, I had double vision, blurred vision, and hazy vision when I removed the eye covering that evening. They next day the eye doctor told me that is all very normal. Okay. Now I'm taking four different eye drop prescription medicines on three different schedules, plus the other medications I nornmally take on yet other schedules. I need a full-time scheduler to keep up with it all.
Anyhow, the double vision has cleared up. The haziness in regressing. The blur is clearing up. I go to see the doctor Monday, and if everything is A-okay I go in Tuesday to have the right eye done. Hopefully, by mid-August it will all be behind me and I won't have those pesky cataracts, and will see better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home