Tuesday, September 29, 2020

 PRESIDETIAL DEBATE -TRUMP-vs-BIDEN

I just finished watching the “debate” between the two candidates.  First, debate is a misnomer.  It was anything but a debate.  Second, it was a total waste of time.  Nothing will change.  Third, Chris Wallace, the moderator, parried words with the candidates to the extent they were “debating” with him, not the other candidate.  Midway I briefly switched for a couple of minutes to the Weather Channel.  It was more interesting. 

Biden asked emphatically several times for people to vote for him.  Trump didn’t.  Or, if he did it was so tacit I did not notice.  I’m reminded of an old, old political story.  A young articulate politician spoke eloquently and often.  He lost.  Afterwards he talked with an elderly lady friend that told him she did not vote for him.  He asked,  “Why?”  She replied, “Because you didn’t ask me to”. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home