Sunday, July 21, 2019

It's been several years since I last posted to my blog.  A lot has happened. I'm now 90 years old. My dear wife, Patricia, of 65 years passed away.  I've know her since she was 8 years old.  I've had 2 heart attacks and quadruple open heart surgery.  I worked hard all during the rehab and was able to pretty much resume a normal life for an old guy. I live alone in our home of 30 years.  I go to gym 3 days (M-W-F) a week. Walk briskly on the treadmill for 30 minutes (1.4 mile).  Pedal the stationary bike for 5 minutes (0.8 mile).  Work with free weights and work on my posture and balance.  I've fallen 4 times the past 2 years.  Not so bad I wasn't able to get up unassisted, so I work on my balance.  I no longer run Longhorn cattle.  I kept one old steer just for sentimental reasons.  He has a 7 foot horn spread.  A neighbor runs cattle on the pastures.  I began writing a fiction book based on my life experiences and those of other family and friends.  I finished writing and am now in the process of publication.  So keep a sharp lookout for it.  I'm still as opinionated as ever, so I'm going to resume posting to my blog from time to time.  I'm glad to be back and hope you will also be back.  Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Viking_Phoenix said...

I'm very glad to see you back at it. Looking forward to reading your posts.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home