Thursday, December 31, 2015

End of 2015

Its late evening on New Years Eve for the end of 2015 as I sit here alone at home fighting back tears as many memories of days gone by flood my mind.  The year 2015 was not a good year for our family.  We had six deaths during the year.  First, my beloved wife of 65 years from a fatal heart attack.  Then my sister from complications associated with cancer.  Then, my daughter-in-law's mother from a heart condition.  Then, a cousin, an uncle, and a good friend.

My wife and sister were good friends.  They were childhood friends.  It was through my sister I came to know the little girl that would become my wife.  My sister's husband was also a childhood friend.  We all knew each other.  My wife and sister died within a few months of each other.  They are buried in a small family cemetery only a few feet apart with space for my brother-in law and me.

My kids want me to go live with them, but I can't leave this old place.  Its home.  Its so full of remembrances of my wife and our lives together.  I just can't leave them all behind and go away.  My son said, "Dad, you'll just die in that old house."  I replied, "Yes, son.  That's the plan."

Its been a sad and difficult year.  I hope and pray 2016 will be better and kinder.  With God's blessing and grace it will be.

I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year.      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home