Sunday, September 21, 2014

Dr. Ezekiel J. Emanuel

This morning I saw Dr. Ezekiel J. Emanuel, the purveyor of Obamacare, on TV say he did not want to live beyond age 75 because the deterioration of life is such that it is not worth it.  Is this the precursor of "death panels"?

I checked and Ezekiel is 57 years of age.  He has 18 more years before he intends to kick the bucket.  Age 55 is the place in life when most people peak out and it is down hill the rest of the way.  Ezekiel has just reached that peak.  It'll be interesting to see how he thinks as he trends downward on the path of life.

I'm 85 years of age and I still find life well worth living.  In fact, I intend to do my dead level best to live another 18 years to see if Ezekiel makes good on his declaration.  That means I'll be 103 years of age then.  I want to then remind Ezekiel baby about his declaration of life's worthiness.

My father lived beyond 104 years.  Though his body was weak his mind was sharp.  For him life was worth living.  Maybe I have the genes from my father to equal or surpass him in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home