Friday, August 29, 2014

Yes, we have no bananas

I'm reminded of an old song from the 1920's and 1930's.  It goes, "Yes, we have no bananas.  We have no bananas today."  When I heard Obama speak today about the ISIS issue what I heard was, "Yes, we have no plan.  We have no plan today."

Incredible!

How childishly naive.  When off the teleprompter he utters the bare truth.  He has no plan.  In my heart-of-hearts I have always thought the president of the United States would always have a strategy and a plan to deal with any number of contingencies as they emerged.  I was startled to hear a president say, "I have no plan."  And, if there is no plan, why would a president publicly reveal that to the enemy of all people?  I can't help but believe the ISIS terrorists think that utterance gives them carte blanche to do as they please with no repercussions.

The modern version of an old song:  "Yes, we have no plan.  We have no plan today."  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home