Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lincoln's most relevant quote

Today I watched a Ken Burns Civil War documentary on PBS-TV.   During one of the segments a narrator stated that In April 1862, a low point for the Union campaign, Lincoln was being besieged by numerous individuals seeking appointment to various lucrative positions within the administration.  One day in frustration Lincoln said, "There's too many pigs for the tits."

I believe that is just as relevant today as it was in 1862, if not more so.  The sow has just so many tits.

When I was 12 years old I was in 4-H.  My dad gave me an old sow hog for my 4-H project.  She had 12 piglets.  Too many.  She ate four of them and raised eight, a more reasonable number for the available number of tits.

I believe the time has come when the old sow (federal government) needs to eat several of the piglets to get to a number more in keeping with the number of available tits.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home