Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Presidential Debate - Liar, Liar. Pants on Fire!

After my wife and watched the second presidential debate she asked what I thought.  I replied, "Liar, liar.  Pants on fire!"  It seemed to me most of the debate was discrediting the opponent's position, often accusing each other for not having their facts right and making misleading statements.  I heard some TV pundit say the winner was "testosterone" and another say, "It was like two scorpions in a bottle."  Then, too, the moderator, Candy Crowly, couldn't be content to just be moderator.  She had to interject herself into the fray much like a referee at a football game picking up the football and running with it.

I wish the Presidential Debate Commission would quit picking liberal TV news anchors and commentators to moderate the debates.  They should get high school debate coaches, and let them set the rules and run it like a high school debate competition.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home