Monday, June 25, 2012

Class Reunion

My wife and I are in Oklahoma where Saturday afternoon and evening we attended my 65th Class Reunion for the Moore Class of 1947.  I didn't actually graduate with them.  We moved from Moore when I was in the 8th Grade. But, I attended school at Moore longer than any other school I went to and made more lasting friendships.  I've kept in touch with some of my Moore classmates over the years and they consider me to be one of their classmates.  We've attended a number of the previous reunions over the years.  Though only eight of us from '47 attended the general School Reunion we had a rousing good time.  I also got to meet one of my childhood puppy love interests for the first time since leaving Moore.  She is now 88 years old and just as charming as she was when I was 9 and she was 15.  We rode the same school bus, and I thought she was the prettiest girl of all mostly because she paid attention to us younger kids on the bus, especially me.  All the other older kids on the bus pretty much just ignored or teased us little kids.

This afternoon we go to my nephew's house to visit with him and his extended family.  He is going to teach me how to edit the website for my book that he put up on the Internet.  I want to make changes to correct a few errors, and to make the website easier to navigate.  Tomorrow we will return home and I'll try to be more attentive to my blog responsibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home