Monday, January 10, 2011

A Dear Friend

Today was a very sad day. The daughter of a dear friend called today to tell me her father passed away Tuesday night, January 4th. I had a very tough time trying to hold my emotions in check. He was a co-woker when we lived in Salt Lake City. He and his wife were dear friends . My wife and I spent many enjoyable and memorable times with them. They were Mormans and salt of the earth people. He and I hunted the western slopes of the Unita Mountains and we fished the waters of the Upper Weber River. He and I had an excellent relationship. We spent hours together and had time to talk about many things religious, philosophical, sociological, and political. I learned to see the world in a more meaningful light with a tolerance and respect for other viewpoints. His wife passed away a few years ago. My wife and I miss them dearly. May God bless both of them and their family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home