Thursday, August 17, 2006

Grocery Shopping

One of my least fun things in life is grocery shopping with my wife. We go into the store with 15 items on her list. We check out with 32 items. How can that be? First, we go through the produce section. She picks up, squeezes, smells, shakes, turns over, etc. Puts it down and picks up another. I fittingly stand around like a horse stomping flies. She finally makes a choice and I bag it for her, and we move on down the aisle to the next item. She sees what looks like a good buy on fresh peaches. We go through the whole process again, and again, and again. Then, she can't decided which cake to buy--french lemon vanilla or chocolate. She asks me. "Chocolate" is a quick anwser. She can't find the "Goya" whatever the heck that is. I help look for it but have no idea what I'm looking for. On to the can goods. She reads the labels on every can. I'm still "stomping flies". Can't find any green peas or cut okra in the frozen food section. I "paw" through the freezer and finally find some peas, but no okra. Ah, the meat counter. She finally picks out a package of four nice looking new york cut steaks after thoroughly inspecting at least a dozen or so. Finally, we get through the check out and to a very hot car. Hurry home to get the frozen goods in the freezer. Whew! I'm ready for a glass of ice cold grape juice and a nap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ranger said...

Why don't you take her to the hardward store and see who ends up picking up things, looking at things, shaking them, turning them over and over and over and who ends up standing around stomping horse flies! At least Walmart is air conditioned.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shopping can be quite an experience.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home