Thursday, August 29, 2019

ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ (D-NY) 14th District - parts of the Bronx and Queens in NYC)

   Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a.k.a. AOC, a few days ago said:  “I think that young people are more informed and dynamic than their predecessors.”  There’s a big difference in being informed and being educated.  Being told where the library is located is being informed.  What’s in the library is being educated.
   I took this from an Internet post on the AOC topic:  “Most young people can't find their own country on a globe. They have no familiarity with their country's history or how the economy works. They are being taught to "feel good" about themselves, to believe they can "do anything." They are an enormous group of ignorant pawns in the hands of the communists, currently referred to as “woke.”  I couldn’t say it better.
   When I was young (I’m now 90) I thought I knew everything.  The longer I live the more I come to understand how little I really know.
   “Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don’t” - Leo Buscaglia, American author and motivational speaker (1924 - 1998).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home