Friday, August 09, 2019

NONAGENARIAN (90+)

   For all my faithful readers.   I was an octogenarian (80+) when I began this blog a number of years ago.  I am now an established nonagenarian. Time flies.  The older you get the faster it flies.
   When my grandmother was 90 years old she lived with Pat and me.  One day she said something about time being shorter.  I told her time is always the same, a second is a second, a minute is a minute, and an hour is an hour, and time never changes.  She told me I didn't understand.  She said time is only as it relates to you.  When you're 10 years old a year is 1/10th of your total experience. When you're 30 years old time is 1/30th of your total experience.  And, when you're 90 years old a year is 1/90th of your total experience.  That is a lot shorter than 1/10th or 1/30th, therefore time is getting shorter.  Yes, grandma.  How could I agree with that logic?
   My father had a more succinct explanation.  Years later when he was 90 years old he said something about time is getting shorter.  I asked how so?  He said life is like a roll of toilet paper.  The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.
   I now know exactly what grandma and dad meant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home