Friday, October 09, 2015

Dear Readers

Dear Readers,  if I have any left.

I humbly beg your forbearance for my neglect to this blog.  I just haven't had the desire or inclination to think about much of anything except family.  This year has not been kind to my family.  There have been five family related deaths this year.  The most recent only a month ago.  First, it was my wife, then my sister, a cousin, my daughter's-in-law mother, and an uncle.  My wife and sister were close.  They knew each other as kids.  It was through their friendship I came to know the little girl that would ultimately become my lifetime wife of 65 years.  They are buried in a small family cemetery only 12 feet apart with space for her husband, a teenage friend, and me.

I will try to be more responsive and post my observations and comments on life and current events.  I'm an old guy (87 years December 7th) and my own mortality looms on the near horizon, so there may be times when I'm just not up to it.

Thank you and God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home