Sunday, June 21, 2020

JUST  THINKING
This afternoon I burned a large brush pile.  I dragged a garden hose with spray nozzle to the pile to have just in case.  I sat in the golf cart close by while I kept an eye on the fire.  It was a large pile.  Took a while to burn down to just a bed of glowing coals.  That gave me a lot of time to think.
Here’s just one of the things I concluded from my thinking:  I’ve been in and out of politics doing yeoman work most of my adult life.  Never ran for office.  But have been close around a number that have ran for public office, including several congressmen as an ardent campaign worker.  I’ve paid close attention to the political events of the day. I’ve written an untold number of letters and articles about the political scene, both local and national.  It suddenly occurred to me out of a cloudy sky threatening rain that many people who run for office, get elected and run our government have two traits in  common. They have an inflated ego of self-worth; and have a remarkable propensity for pettiness. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home